Jul 8, 2012

Keep Your Friends Close - Dylan Owen



It's been a while again since i've posted and I really am going to try to be committed to posting more frequently from now on. If it's any excuse last week I spent my time at Rock Werchter 2012 (which was incredible, if you ever have the chance to go, I highly recommend it). However, the show goes on right...? (Lupe Fiasco currently playing in my head)

Unfortunately Dylan Owen was not among the vast array of artists I witnessed at this festival, but he's someone that i've been listening to non-stop for the past few days. This is another reason why I love exploring music of this kind, I've been listening to this guy for about a year now, following most of what he releases but there are several songs that come on, on shuffle or the sorts and just re-open this intense interest in what someone like him has to say.

This guy has SO much to share, and he's blessed with an indisputable talent to communicate these things in a very artful way that just feels honest. I think that's becoming a very recurring theme with me, I think I pick my music across genres with what sometimes feels more genuine, or real... (not always though, I wont lie..I'm guilty of enjoying the occasional mindless ghetto rap etc.) I'll stop here however, my descriptions won't do this man justice, but if I can ever vouch for someone unknown, it'l be him.

Notable Songs

Ghosts - Dylan Owen
The Book Report - Dylan Owen
Burn This Whole Place Down - Dylan Owen

Have a listen (Download at the bottom as always...),







Download: Dylan Owen - Keep Your Friends Close
Facebook: Dylan Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment