Jun 1, 2012

Sex, Drugs and Video Games - David Banner



Take a chance on this one.

This is actually a mixtape I didnt think i'd be posting up to the blog, but here it is. The mixtape has some impressive features creating a pretty impressive lineup but I have to admit I had my reservations. There's no denying that David Banner can be very good but my worry was the consistency, especially what might classify as mixtape music. In any case the production on this is incredible, the beats are fresh and it sounds fucking good. It's the kind of hip hop that many people hate and is hard to defend (in some songs there are however some pretty impressive lyrical messages with real meaning) but it has a certain laid back chill quality to it that just got to me. I put this one on, let it play, went on facebook and just chilled, needless to say I had a good time.

It really was hard to pick out songs from this mixtape because it really varies so much but here's two I enjoyed on my second time through.

Sample 1: Chill, funny as hell, with good production



Sample 2: Again, not the most lyrical of tracks on the mixtape, but fun.

/>

Facebook: David Banner
Download: Sex, Drugs and Video Games - David Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment